EARN college credit WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL
DCTC COMBINES ACADEMICS WITH CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR COLLEGE AND/OR A HIGHLY SKILLED CAREER.
DCTC CTE Planning Document
To help better coordinate the start-up of the various programs and schools, DCTC has created a planning document: "DCTC 2020-21 CTE planning document".
Here are the key take-aways:
- CTE classes begin September 14th.
- All students attending other school CTE programs will need to have a COVID-19 release form on file before attending the class. It is here: COVID-19 Form
- All schools are offering variations of their CTE classes.
- Seven of nine will be hosting classes in their building.
- Schools are adjusting schedules daily. Check with the host school for the latest information.
- The first day of Henry Ford transportation will be Thursday, September 18th.
- DCTC will ensure compliance with cleaning protocols between student bus transfers.
- Schools offering blended and virtual classes are each selecting the best process for their students. Consult Appendix 1 in the plan to get the most current update.
Director of DCTC
(734) 782-3194 x2
Downriver Career Technical Consortium
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL LAW
The Downriver Career Technical Consortium complies with all Federal laws and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Downriver Career Technical Consortium that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, height, weight, marital status, disability or limited English proficiency shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity to which it is responsible or for which is receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. Furthermore, the Consortium will encourage participation by all of the above. Adopted by the Downriver Career Technical Consortium November 23, 1982.
Your CTE teacher will also have provisions in place, should there be a requirement to transition to a virtual environment for an extended period.
For parents in our CTE dual enrollment programs, you will be getting a letter in the mail inviting you to an evening meeting in the next few weeks.
Thank you for your input and patience as we navigate this school year.